If you are a newbie in terms of owning a home, then as early as now I would like to inform you that no household is 100 percent safe from the hazards of water damage. At some point in your home’s life, it will experience this costly and gruesome issue.
Now, the only thing you can do about it is make sure that you delay your experience of it as much as possible. This can be achieved, of course, through ensuring quality of your home.
There is a need for each and every household to find out how to deal with the problem of water damage and find out the answers to the many questions that arise because of the incident.
Below are a few questions that people are sure to ask, along with answers and course of action that should be taken in order for the water damage to be immediately addressed.
What are some of the things I could do while I wait for the water damage restoration company to arrive?
While it does not really take long for dedicated water damage restoration companies like CMAC Plumbing to arrive at your home and help you with your water damage problems, there are a few things that you could do so that the situation would not get worse for you and you and your family, as well as for your belongings:
- >Remove light and easily removable items from the area, as well as valuable items.
- >Avoid stepping on the wet areas as much as possible so that you do not scatter the damage as you walk around other parts of the house that are probably dryer.
- >If there is available aluminum foil, place some on the feet of your furniture so that you can refrain stains from forming onto the floor or carpet.
- >If you have the idea how, turn off the electric circuit so that no electrical mishaps could occur. Also, take away all the electronic gadgets in the affected area so that they would not be destroyed by the water.
- >Never attempt to take out the water using a vacuum cleaner because you might end up hurting yourself because of the possible electrical short circuit that could occur.
- >Raise your draperies and curtains high up so that they do not touch the water.
- How can I dry the water that filled the room?
You can use pails and basins to try and minimize the water in the area but sometimes, this will only cause more mess and you might end up getting hurt. The best thing to do is to contact a local water damage restoration company and have them fix the problem for you, even during the stage of drying the area. They have the equipment needed to make the drying process more safe and fast. They should use air mover and dehumidifier. The air mover blows the water up into the air to take away the moisture from the wet surfaces, while the dehumidifier sucks the moist air and warms it up, all the while collecting the water from the area and releasing it through a drainage system. This process is more clean and thorough than doing the manual labor of using pails and basin. It is not recommended to sweep the water out because tendency would be to just spread the water damaged area.
These are two of the most important questions that people ask and should be concerned about, during the early stages of an obvious water damage situation.
Also, once the situation is resolved, you can also opt to remodel your bathroom (C Mac Plumbing – Bathroom Remodeling) or Kitchen (C MAC Kitchen Repair). Have it structured in a way that is more efficient so that future water damage issues can be avoided.
Know the best way to escape storms? Buy a house that is far from areas that are prone to calamities and disasters.
If you want to make sure you do not end up in areas that are frequent targets of storms and other forms of natural disasters, you should always prioritize hiring a reputable real estate agent, like those you can find at www.calhoun-homes.com.
DANGERS OF STORMS ON HOMES
Storm is one of the reasons why water damage occurs. A hurricane, a tornado, and storms in general are dangerous and difficult to deal with. A storm can caused power outage, falling trees, and flooded roads. When it comes to water damage, it is important to take the job seriously. Not being careful with the restoration process can lead to further damage to your property and priced possessions. Storm water, if not removed immediately can be a perfect breeding ground for harmful bacteria and mold. As you know, these organisms cause diseases and illnesses.
The big question is, “what you can do with water damage during a storm?” Take into account the following tips and suggestions when dealing with water damage during a storm.
- Before a storm will hit your place, there will be a weather forecast. So, you will most likely know when the storm is coming and its intensity.
- Be cautious when it comes to rainy days so that you can keep the damage to a minimum.
- Right after the water damage, you have to immediately contact your insurance company to find out the policy coverage and the filing requirements. As you can see, water damage restoration can be very costly and you surely need financial help.
- You have to familiarize yourself with flood insurance. If you look at the definition of water damage due to storm, it is a damage caused by water that has been on the ground and usually this type of claim is covered by homeowner’s insurance. Of course, you have to check your insurance policy to find out if the damage is completely covered or not.
- As much as possible, you have to do everything you can to mitigate the damage. Keep everything that you think can still be salvaged.
- You have to document the damage to your property. As much as possible, you have to take pictures and video to properly document the damage. Document the damage to your property. Take pictures or video if possible.
- When dealing with repairs, it is best to entrust the work to the hands of experts. However, before you hire a contractor, you should first check with your insurance company.
- When looking for water damage restoration company, select the one that is highly reputable and credible.
Dealing with a storm and all its aftermath can really be terrifying and troublesome. This is the reason why it is best to prevent it from happening to you, which can only be achieved if you try your hardest to hire a real estate agent that can point you to the direction of houses that are far from storm-prone areas.
Those living in Anniston can check out www.calhoun-homes.com/community/area/Anniston while those in Oxford can visit www.calhoun-homes.com/community/area/Oxford. Agents in these agency are known for their clean reputations and will be able to help you get the home you deserve that is far from storm problems.
A lot of people wait for the problem to arise before finding solutions. When it comes to plumbing issues, it is important to have a plumber readily available to ensure that your drain and pipes are working fine. If you don’t pay professional attention to your plumbing system, then it could lead to serious issues such as water damage.
When looking for professional plumber, you have to consider the following factors:
- Length in the business – one of the important questions to ask the plumber is how long he has been doing plumbing work. Those who have been in the industry for a long period of time can surely provide the best service. When it comes to plumbing work, experience does matter. You don’t want to entrust your house to someone who isn’t experienced enough to handle the task.
- Insurance – A highly reputable company carries insurance, which protects the plumber while doing the job. As a homeowner, it is important for you to entrust your property to someone who is insured so that in times of emergency, you will be protected, especially if the plumber sustained injury.
- License – most states require a plumber to carry a license, which indicates that the plumber is knowledgeable and highly skillful in performing plumbing tasks. However, New York and Kansas are not that strict when it comes to licensing requirements for plumbers. If you are from these cities, then the best thing you can do is to check whether there are formal complaints filed against the plumber.
The next time you find yourself in the big city and faced with problems in your newly bought home from a real estate agent, remember that top on your “must have” contacts is that of a plumbing professional.
Selling a home is a daunting task. There are a lot of things that need to be done and with so many aspects to tend to there is a tendency that you will overlook some problems. So, when it comes to real estate matter such as purchasing a home, it is important to conduct a thorough home inspection. One of the commonly neglected aspect of the house is the plumbing.
A faulty plumbing system is one of the culprits of many problems. As a matter of fact, it can lead to issues like water damage, structural problems, and so on. Hence, if you are going to purchase a property, be it a brand new home or second owned home, you should make it a habit to include plumbing inspection. You can do it using the following simple steps:
- Check the sewer line – if the sewer line is clogged, there is a possibility of rupture, breaks, and even flooding. It will ruin the structure of your house over time. Let’s admit it! Not everyone checks the sewer line because of its location and placement. When it comes to purchasing a house, you have to include this in the list of things to check. A good plumber can surely help you assess the condition of the sewer line.
- Check the water heater – the water heater is a sensitive thing because it has a tendency to explore ones problem persists. If it explodes, it will not only lead to flooding but severe injuries too. Before finalizing your home purchase, you have to make sure that the HVAC unit is thoroughly inspected for possible problems.
You just moved into the big city and is just adjusting to the environment. Of course, you spent the first few days just cuddled in your newly bought house that you scouted from a real estate agent. When you went to the kitchen to make yourself a sandwich, you almost died. Why?
You slipped and fell and almost hit your head on the floor, if not for your ninja skills, then your head would have hit the floor hard.
Your floor is wet from the leak in your kitchen sink. Something you did not wish to encounter after being very confident that the house you bought was in great shape.
Too late to dwell on the mistake of not hiring a reputable real estate agency, the only thing left for you to do is have the problem fixed, and here are the ways that you must take into consideration when hiring a plumber:
- Referral – If you have a friend or family member who have tried hiring the service of a plumber before, then they can be a perfect source of information. They can surely recommend someone who is expert and reliable in plumbing works. You might also want to check the Better Business Bureau to find out whether a formal complaint is filed against a particular plumbing business.
- Cost – The costing can make or break your choice. Of course, you can only hire the service of a plumber you can afford to pay. To find a plumber that offers the most favorable price, you have to compare the rates of several plumbers. Plumbers have separate charging fee for emergency service call and regular service call.
A lot of homeowners make mistakes by choosing the first plumber they meet. This shouldn’t be the case. Take your time and do your research well. Ask people in the real estate industry as they can surely help you find the best plumber in town.